Sunday, June 13, 2010

allow me to introduce myself


Hello All! and Thanks for stopping by and giving my page a read!
My name is Natasha. I'm 21. And I love myself. I suppose not as much as I could. I struggle with some issues about myself and that's why I created this blog. I know, from doing some extensive research, that there are a lot of girls out there just like me! Girls who have been struggling with their weight since they were kids, but have still maintained their confidence. I have been called "fat" most of my life. It gave me pretty thick skin hearing it. As an adult, I believe people say things like that about other people because they have insecurities about themselves. I can't say I've never uttered a bad thing about anyone, I am human, and like i've already said, I have insecurities about myself.

One thing you should know about me, I am a procrastinator. I have been procrastinating about my weight loss so much! For the past 4 years probably! I started to take SOME action, about a year and a half ago, when I left my ex boyfriend. I was 280 pounds! I was disgusted with myself! For the first time I had to shop at plus size stores, and I would never wear jeans.  So, in February 2009 I went on a trip to Scotland, and stayed with a guy I was dating and some of his friends (who I now consider great pals), I didn't realize it at the time, but I was losing so much weight! The guy I was seeing ate very well for the most part, and we walked several times a day. In May 2009 I came home and everyone kept telling me how great I am looking, how I look like i lost so much weight, and it didn't really occur to me that I may have lost some weight while on Holiday. Then on Mother's day I saw my oldest brother, Jeff, who commented on  my weight and said "you've lost A LOT of weight in only 3 months" then I started believing it. I got on a scale that night and sure enough I had lost a good amount of weight! I had lost 30 pounds! I was so happy! That gave me so much motivation! For about 20 minutes. I am the kind of person that plans on what I am going to do to lose weight. I wrote out what I was going to eat and how much I was going to exercise. I followed with my eating plan, no carbs, high protein diet, and saw results. I was pretty pleased with myself, but I wasn't exercising, which has always been a problem for me.

Now, we are in June 2010, I have an amazing boyfriend in my life and I weigh more than i'd like. I carry my weight well but it bothers me. And I am REALLY ready to make a big change in my life. My boyfriend and family could care less about how much I weigh, but for me I just want to be able to feel that extra confidence about myself and I want to feel healthy! That's the most important thing!

The Plan
My best friend and I are joining Weight Watchers at the start of July! Weight Watchers worked for me when I was younger, I consistently lost 6-10 pounds a week. I am also going to work out at the gym, at my work! Which is so convenient! People always say go to a gym close to home or close to work, your more likely to go! Which I think will serve true. I am excited to start this new chapter in my life. I am shooting for 10 pounds a month, that's about 3 pounds per week, which is going to be a lot of work, especially for the summer! But I intend on sticking with it! And maybe next summer i'll be at my super goal of 150 and be able to sport a cute little bikkini.

If you are reading this, leave me a comment and let me know about anything you've had to deal with in regards to weight loss, struggles, success, whats worked for you.

Also...
 I plan on rewarding myself every 10 pounds. I need to find something to reward myself with, and I will post it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment