Monday, November 5, 2012

The Story of Us, Part 3!

Part Three: "I know you!", First Date


I opened the message from DJ on POF to see he had written “Let's Party!”, if you had seen my POF profile, you'd understand, I was all about going out and having a good time at the bar back then. I laughed, and replied “What did you have in mind? Is your name Dustin W*******?” , DJ says his eyes nearly jumped out of his head when he seen that message, he replied “Ya. How do you know me?”. I replied telling him about the bowling alley 10 years ago, and going to his grandparents cottage. We sent a few more messages back and forth and he asked if he could call me, of course I said yes and gave him my number, he called me 10 minutes later and we talked for over an hour. He asked if I wanted to get together the following day when he got off of work and go for a drink and catch up, as he really wanted to see me. And of course I said yes. Before we said our goodbyes on the phone he told me he would probably text me all day the following day because he wouldn't be able to think about anything else. He said it felt like Christmas Eve. I hung up the phone and laid back in bed and got a text from him “Night baby.” and I smiled. I was hooked already. The next day I tried to sleep in as late as possible so I would just have time to get myself ready and no time to be nervous. He called me around 2:30 and said he was leaving work and just going to shower and get ready and he would call me on his way. I had to finish getting ready fast. I was so nervous I needed to have a drink, I opened a beer and then heard and saw a truck drive behind the house, I knew It was him. A minute later there was a knock at the door. I opened the door, and there he was, I could not contain myself and I smiled at him, and asked him if he wanted to come in for a drink before we went out, he said sure, and came in and sat in the dining room with my mom and I. He says when I opened the door to him he thought to himself “that's my girl right there”.

I thought it was a good idea that DJ come in and sit with me and my mom while we had a drink, just to break the ice a little. We hadn't seen each other in 10 years and I didn't know how much we'd have to talk about. When we were ready to leave he told me to bring a jacket just in case I got cool. I got in his truck for the first time, and I was really nervous. My hands were shaking a little bit and I was waiting for him to say something. As we were leaving my house he told me that it was a good idea inviting him in so we could kind of break the ice a little bit, we were on the same page, I was happy.

DJ took me to a quiet little restaurant/bar called Bobby C's in Bowmanville, right on the water. We talked for hours, we actually ended up sitting there until they closed at about 9. He told me about everything I had missed in his life over the past 10 years. He had a 5 year old son now, named Dominic, when I asked if there was any baby mama drama, he said no, I would find out about a week later how untrue that actually was. He told me he felt lucky that day and was definitely buying a lottery ticket. He tipped the waitress generously and told her to buy herself a lottery ticket. After we left Bobby C's he surprised me by taking me over to his sisters house and he gave her the whole history of how we met and met again. Then we went to the beach in Newcastle and looked at the stars and moon, we paced around in the same area for awhile, my feet were starting to get cold and his recommendation that I bring a jacket came in handy, and I could feel that DJ wanted to kiss me, I knew it was going to happen. Then it did. And I have never wanted to kiss anyone else from that moment on. When he stopped kissing me, I was anxious for him to kiss me again. All I wanted to do the rest of the night was kiss him, I was sure of this. We got in the truck and we were both quiet, I asked him what was on his mind and he said that he wanted to kiss me again and I told him to kiss me then. Things we're getting hot and heavy and I suggested we go back to my house and watch a movie or something. He was happy with my idea and we headed back to my place. I couldn't stop staring at him as we drove, he was a different person than the one I met so long ago, but he was a man now, still incredibly gorgeous, with these amazing facial features, but there was more to it than that. I was developing a feeling I had never felt before, for someone I have known for 10 years but only just met.

0 comments:

Post a Comment